MWH’s Water Treatment: Principles and Design, 3rd Edition10 January 2018
MWH’s Water Treatment: Principles and Design, 3rd Edition
the definitive guide to the theory and practice of water treatment engineering
THIS NEWLY REVISED EDITION of the classic reference provides complete, up-to-date coverage of both theory and practice of water treatment system design. The Third Edition brings the field up to date, addressing new regulatory requirements, ongoing environmental concerns, and the emergence of pharmacological agents and other new chemical constituents in water.
Written by some of the foremost experts in the field of public water supply, Water Treatment, Third Edition maintains the book’s broad scope and reach, while reorganizing the material for even greater clarity and readability. Topics span from the fundamentals of water chemistry and microbiology to the latest methods for detecting constituents in water, leading-edge technologies for implementing water treatment processes, and the increasingly important topic of managing residuals from water treatment plants. Along with hundreds of illustrations, photographs, and extensive tables listing chemical properties and design data, this volume:
- Introduces a number of new topics such as advanced oxidation and enhanced coagulation
- Discusses treatment strategies for removing pharmaceuticals and personal care products
- Examines advanced treatment technologies such as membrane filtration, reverse osmosis, and ozone addition
- Details reverse osmosis applications for brackish groundwater, wastewater, and other water sources
- Provides new case studies demonstrating the synthesis of full-scale treatment trains
A must-have resource for engineers designing or operating water treatment plants, Water Treatment, Third Edition is also useful for students of civil, environmental, and water resources engineering.