Water Systems Analysis, Design and Planning Urban Infrastructure Free PDF5 December 2021
Water Systems Analysis, Design and Planning Urban Infrastructure Free PDF
This book presents three distinct pillars for analysis, design, and planning: urban water cycle and variability as the state of water being; landscape architecture as the medium for built-by-design; and total systems as the planning approach.
The increasing demand for water and urban and industrial expansions have caused myriad environmental, social, economic, and political predicaments. More frequent and severe floods and droughts have changed the resiliency and ability of water infrastructure systems to operate and provide services to the public. These concerns and issues have also changed the way we plan and manage our water resources.
- Explores various theoretical, practical, and real-world applications of system analysis, design, and planning of urban water infrastructures.
- Discusses hydrology, hydraulics, and basic laws of water flow movement through natural and constructed environments.
- Describes a wide range of novel topics ranging from water assets, water economics, systems analysis, risk, reliability, and disaster management.
- Examines the details of hydrologic and hydrodynamic modeling and simulation of conceptual and data-driven models.
- Delineates flood resiliency, environmental visualization, pattern recognition, and machine learning attributes.Explores a compilation of tools and emerging techniques that elevate the reader to a higher plateau in water and environmental systems management.