Design of Water Tank Structure using RCDC, STAAD Advanced Concrete Design4 November 2021
Design of Water Tank Structure using RCDC, STAAD Advanced Concrete Design
Water tank design in RCDC can now be done using British Standard and European Standard code. The walls and slabs of the water tank must be modelled as parametric model in STAAD.Pro and analyzed using finite element modelling.
Create the water tank model and transfer it to RCDC after analyzing in STAAD.Pro to generate the detailed calculation, drawing and detailing.
Design of Water Tank Structure – This video covers entire workflow of designing the Water Tank Structure with in #RCDC #SACD — STAAD Advanced Concrete Design. It gives insights of the Design of different Structural Elements like Tank Walls, Tank Slabs, Column-Beam arrangement as part of the Water Tank structure.
Also, discussion is done about various Design and Detailing options / settings available and how it can be used to meet your requirements.
Procedure of Designing Water Tank
- Firstly, create the base of the water tank using parametric model option in STAAD.Pro.
- Next, create the columns on the locations as demonstrated in the video using translation repeat command.
- After creating the columns at the desired locations, create the side wall of the water tank. Create the side wall using the parametric model option again.
- Secondly, after creating the model, add the plate element thickness, and assign it to the entire model.
- Further add the hydrostatic load to check the plate stress contour under post processing.
- Finally, after creating the model STAAD.Pro, transfer the model to Advanced Concrete Designer for designing the water tank.
- Here, add the design details and loads that you want to consider for the design. After performing the design, check the text schedule and detailed drawing of the water tank model.