Basic Earthquake Engineering From Seismology to Analysis and Design Free PDF9 January 2021
Basic Earthquake Engineering From Seismology to Analysis and Design Free PDF
By Halûk Sucuoğlu
Earthquake engineering is generally considered as an advanced research area in engineering education. Most of the textbooks published in this field cover topics related to graduate education and research.
There is a growing need, however, for the use of basic earthquake engineering knowledge, especially, in the earthquake resistant design of structural systems. Civil engineering graduates who are concerned with the structural design face the fundamental problems of earthquake engineering more frequently in their professional careers.
Hence, an introductory level textbook covering the basic concepts of earthquake engineering and earthquake-resistant design is considered an essential educational instrument to serve this purpose.
This book aims at introducing earthquake engineering to senior undergraduate students in civil engineering and to master’s students in structural engineering who do not have a particular background in this area.
- 1 Nature of Earthquakes
- 2 Seismic Hazard Assessment
- 3 Response of Simple Structures to Earthquake Ground Motions.
- 4 Earthquake Design Spectra
- 5 Response of Building Frames to Earthquake Ground Motions.
- 6 Analysis Procedures and Seismic Design Principles for Building Structures
- 7 Seismic Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures.