Structural And Stress Analysis – Fourth Edition Free PDF13 January 2021
Structural And Stress Analysis – Fourth Edition Free PDF
By T.H.G. Megson
The purpose of this book is to provide, in a unified form, a text covering the associated topics of structural and stress analysis for students of civil engineering during the first two years of their degree course.
The book is also intended for students studying for Higher National Diplomas, Higher National Certificates, and related courses in civil engineering.
Frequently, textbooks on these topics concentrate on structural analysis or stress analysis, and often they are lectured as two separate courses. There is, however, a degree of overlap between the two subjects and, moreover, they are closely related.
In this book, therefore, they are presented in a unified form which illustrates their interdependence. This is particularly important at the first-year level where there is a tendency for students to ‘compartmentalize’ subjects so that an overall appreciation of the subject is lost.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Principles of Statics
- 3. Normal Force, Shear Force, Bending Moment, and Torsion
- 4. Analysis of Pin-Jointed Trusses
- 5. Cables
- 6. Arches
- 7. Stress and Strain
- 8. Properties of Engineering Materials
- 9. Bending of Beams
- 10. Shear of Beams
- 11. Torsion of Beams
- 12. Composite Beams
- 13. Deflection of Beams
- 14. Complex Stress and Strain
- 15. Virtual Work and Energy Methods
- 16. Analysis of Statically Indeterminate Structures
- 17. Matrix Methods of Analysis
- 18. Plastic Analysis of Beams and Frames
- 19. Yield Line Analysis of Slabs
- 20. Influence Lines
- 21. Structural Instability